Tuesday, April 5, 2011

FO: Ribbed Cowl

Ribbed Cowl:

all snuggled down...I already know I'll be wearing this a lot this winter!


2011 Knit Challenge: 11 Knit, 49 to go!!!!!!

The pattern is by Orange Flower and the free pattern can be found on Ravelry.
I used Cascades 220 Heather in Irelande on US 9 circular. I think I cast on 108 stitches. Oh! This was the first skein I've ever purchased at Joseph's Coat in Missoula! (they have a picture on their wall of two women talking in a yarn store. One woman says to the other: "I just don't know...I love him more than alpaca but less than cashmere." Scott didn't think it was funny... hehehe).


Since the cowl folds over itself, it's SUPER warm!


I started this cowl in MARCH and finally finished it over a month later. This isn't a hard project at all. The difficulty is in the monotonous 5x1 ribbing round and round. BUT... it makes for a good tv watching/ book reading project. I took the cowl to school also, to knit while waiting for class (and sometimes during...). I swear though, it only started growing this past week when I picked it up again.




I'm wearing it right now ^-^ while I watch tv because it is damn cold in the house.

2 comments:

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥