Wednesday, November 9, 2011

FO no. 36!!: First time socks!

Socks!!


2011 Knit Challenge: 36 knit, 24 to go!


Socks!!


As I wrote yesterday, I am soooo pleased with these! They fit my feet perfectly; nice and snug. :)

I ran out of yarn (Sensation's Bamboo and Ewe) and finished the toes with another sock yarn in my stash (Paton's Kroy Socks Stripes - in Sweet Stripes). I like the way it looks too, so much so, I bought two more balls of the Sweet Stripes last night so I can make another pair!!


Socks!!

I knit these Magic Loop style, on Addi Turbo Lace size US 0 40", because to be honest, the toothpick  DPNs required to knit these scare me! I did try to line up the stripes, but it was more difficult than I thought. Is there a Sock 101: How to Line Up Stripes seminar out there? ;) Don't take me wrong, I don't mind the look of misaligned stripes!

For somebody like me, Magic Loop 2-at-a-Time was the way to go. It ensured that I finished both socks at the same time, and that they would be the same size. As it is, I started these back in May... they went on many camping trips with me, even to Yellowstone, and always came home smelling like fire. I hope my next pair of socks take considerably less time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥