Monday, November 7, 2011

FO no. 35: Goodbye Summer; A Twisted Toque

Goodbye Summer


2011 Knit Challenge: 35 Knit, 25 to go!!

Goodbye Summer


If you remember this post then you will remember that I had a very difficult time starting this hat. It is featured in 60 Quick Knits and designed by Helen Sharp.

Goodbye Summer


The yarn is Patons Classic Wool in Leaf Green. The only modifications I made to this pattern is knitting it shorter. It is about an inch or inch and a half shorter. I think if I would have knit it to the called for length, it would be very pointy. I'm interested to see how the other KAL gals knit theirs.

I do think if I knit this again, I will not knit such a large brim with size US 7 because it makes it a little tight. I would either start with two inches of US 7 ribbing then switch to US 8 for the rest of ribbing, or start with US 8 for the whole ribbing. The twist pattern would also look nice with a larger needle, and maybe make the hat less pointy and stiff at the top.

I have a feeling I will gift this to somebody for Christmas, I'm just not sure for whom yet.

6 comments:

  1. Interesting that you had problems with this hat. I tried it, as well, and haven't ever finished it because I got messed up somewhere along the line. Your post gives me hope that I just may get it done at some point...

    PS I love your socks in the WIP post - beautiful yarn!

    Jill
    www.unravelingthestash.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's Sensation's Bamboo and Ewe :) You should definitely pick up the hat again, because once you get the hang of the pattern, it's super easy! It's nice to know that the pattern IS correct, so as long as you take it stitch by stitch you'll get it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the hat. I'm working on this one but having trouble? i have a silly question- does your start point shift due to the k2tog? i've started over twice as I wasn't sure I was doing it right as my round wasn't ending correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did it ever work for you? see below comment too, but I think the problem is with the M1 and how you end each round.

      Delete
  4. also having some trouble with this pattern. the k6 stitches are not lining up at all and the pattern is not working out. someone help me please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been so long since I knit this, I'm sorry but I can't really be of much help! I remember being very frustrated with the pattern, but eventually it twisted. I definitely think the problem has to do with the M1 and how you end each round. Good luck, and I'm sorry that I'm not much help.

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥