Monday, December 3, 2012

More FOs

It is a gray Monday here, so I spent the morning baking these Cheesy Quinoa bites!

Cheesy quinoa bites


Autumn made them for us at the Halloween book/craft club; they are incredibly good, and I will be making these all the time now!

The recipe (which I basically copy and pasted from the email Autumn sent! I believe she found the recipe on Pinterest?)

Cheesy Quinoa Bites
Makes 28 bites
 
-2 cups cooked quinoa
-2 large eggs
-1 cup shredded carrot
-2 stalks green onion, diced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-2 Tbs all-purpose flour
-1/2 tsp seasoning salt
-1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together quinoa, carrot, egg, green onion, garlic, cilantro, cheese, flour, salt and pepper.
3. Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes
 
I ended up omitting the cilantro and green onion because I didn't have any on hand. I did add a bit of chopped red onion. Also, I used a regular size muffin tin since I don't have a mini muffin tin, which left me with a little bit of mix still. So by the tablespoon, I scooped little balls of mix on a greased cookie sheet. Worked just fine! I did cook the muffin tin cheese bites for about 25 minutes I think. I highly recommend making these!!
 
My knitted Christmas gifts bag is filling up slowly!

Dot:
Dot
a Rebecca Danger pattern


Honegart:

Honegart
loooooove this pattern!

Pattern: Stephen West
Yarn: Knit Picks Biggo in Sapphire Heather and Green Tea Heather
Needles: US 9 and 10
Mods: I just did one pattern repeat before decreases

This is the second hat I'm giving Scott. The colors might be too bold for him, but I really like them. This is a great unisex hat pattern, and I will be knitting many more! Maybe not out of Biggo though... the bulky cables killed my hands.

A fun group of ornaments!:

Ivy, Holly, and bunny nugget, atop Turn a Square
Holly and Ivy, and a bunny nugget
I still have one monster left to complete the trio, but I am dreading it because it's a three-color striped one! Eek. Maybe I will use self-striping yarn... These guys are sitting on Turn A Square, kind of a nice seat don't you think?

Cross stitch progress:

Untitled

Yikes, I need to get ready for work! Too much fun baking and eating and blogging :) Hope you all have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Those quinoa bites look so yummy! I'll have to try it.
    All of your projects are adorable! Love that pic of the group of ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kepanie,

      Definitely try the quinoa bites! Very simple and delicious. And thank you! Before I wrap them up, they are hanging on my tree so I can enjoy them a little bit more :)

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥