Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mystery KAL

Hi friends, I totally spaced writing about my mystery shawl Friday! The pattern is called Rockefeller and it's designed by Stephen West. Right now it's a mystery knit-a-long on Ravelry and the (four) clues are being released weekly, one at a time. It's my first mystery KAL and I am enjoying it immensely!

I chose some stash yarn, Regia in white, for the main color, and purchased this beautiful Mountain Colors hank for the second color. Its colorway is called Big Sky; how cool is that? (Montana is nicknamed Big Sky country)

Untitled
isn't it gorgeous!? I love it :)


I started the KAL a little late so I had a lot of catching up to do. I did finish Clue 1 in time for the release of Clue 2 on Friday :)


Untitled
Clue 1 almost finished
And Clue 2:

Progress on Clue 2! #westknits #knitting



Almost three quarters finished :) It's so funny how large the first crescent seemed, and now that I've added to it, it seems so small! I am really excited to see how large this shawl will be, and of course, what it will look like finished!

I completely put Mrs. Grinch socks on hold to start this KAL, I literally stopped mid-heel turn :) hopefully I will finish Clue 2 in the next few days, and I can knit on socks while waiting for Clue 3's release.

Happy Sunday folks!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like such fun! I've been thinking about a shawl....but that's as far as it's gotten~

    have a great week jesse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you picked for this shawl. It is knitting up beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥