Thursday, July 19, 2012

2nd BSCWC

The second Books Snacks Crafts Wine Club commenced last night. As usual, we had plenty to snack on:


snacks!



snacks!


I didn't photograph the wine selection... but believe me when I say there was plenty!
 

Secretary Autumn
Madam Secretary doing a fabulous job keeping us organized

Miranda "un-crafting" Autumn's t-shirt rug (I think the plan is to add this t-shirt yarn to another rug in order to make it bigger!):

Miranda uncrafting



Margaret getting serious about hot glue:

Glue gun is serious business
hahahahahah!!!!


I worked on Stephen West's Mystery shawl! Details tomorrow. 

We finished our discussion on Tina Fey's Bossypants and the next scheduled book is Ellen DeGeneres's book Seriously I'm Kidding. I think both these books pretty much sum our little club up...we are bossy, and we take ourselves veeeeery seriously ;)

Sorry for the lack of craft photos but my camera died! I used my iPhone for some of the photos. Next club meeting is in one month, and I'll be sure to have my camera battery charged :)

A couple of gals were interested in the Cucumber Snack I brought. Here's the recipe:

june2011 037
got the recipe from my mom...don't know where she found it!


Cucumber Snack
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 sour cream
  • 8-16 ounces cream cheese (recipe calls for 16 oz but I only used 8 oz this last time, and it tasted great!)
  • 2 heaping teaspoons of Knorr's Leek Soup
  • a little pepper
  • 1-2 cucumbers
  • 1-2 baguettes 
  • dill, for sprinkling
Mix all ingredients together (not cucumber, bread, or dill). Spread the mixture on thin baguette slices. Top with thin/medium slices of cucumber. Sprinkle dill over top. Enjoy!

Anyone else stoked that tomorrow is FRIDAY?!

5 comments:

  1. YUMMMMMMM, I am hungry!!!!
    Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was starting to get hungry when I posted the pictures, haha!! Those cheese balls were soooo good!

      Delete
  2. Love it when you post about your craft nights! All the food looks so good! Just when I was drooling over the cucumber snack I scrolled down and there was the recipe. Yeah, I am so making that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do make them, I'd love to hear what you think! I like them in the summer because the cucumbers are so refreshing :)

      Delete
  3. I made your cucumber snacks last night for a birthday party and everyone was raving about them!! Thanks soooo much for the recipe!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥