Saturday, June 30, 2012

DIY Coasters

I found an awesome DIY coaster tutorial on Pinterest the other day and made my own today!


coasters!
woo hoo!


They are incredibly simple to make; seriously the hardest part is choosing your paper and waiting for them to dry! You use scrapbook paper, Mod Podge, ceramic tiles, those little felt round sticky things, and a spray sealant. 

If you are interested in making your own, check out her blog (and scroll down a bit for the tutorial). Here is her pin on Pinterest:

                                                                             Source: wifeandlife.com via Jesse on Pinterest


And here is one of my coasters in action:

Untitled


I think they will make great Christmas gifts as well. Yep, I'm already thinking about Christmas gifts :) I'm planning on knitting a bunch of them again this year so I should probably start soon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow they look great! We need coasters for outside - this may be just the thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These would be terrific coasters to use outside, and I think they would hold up really well! Good luck if you make them!

      Delete
  2. those are sooooo cute & i picked up some of the tiles at a yard sale this summer....yeah! they will make cute gifts~ thanks for sharing the idea~
    love your new header~

    have a great week jesse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! You should definitely try to make some! And thank you, I am trying to update my blog look a little... :)

      Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  3. These are too cute!
    It's just time to start thinking about Christmas knitting. I left it so late last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am sort of panicking about Christmas knitting...already...

      Delete
  4. Great! These will make brilliant Christmas presents. x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥