Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sockalong

I joined Susan B. Anderson's sockalong on Ravelry this past week (there are already over 100 people sockalong-ing!). The purpose is to use up sock yarn scraps for a pair of new socks.

I gathered my scraps:


Yarn for Sockalong



And here is my progress:


Scrappy socks!



I snuck some of the Patons sock yarn (Sweet Stripes colorway) in but I don't think I will use any more of it. It's a slightly heavier yarn and makes for bulkier rounds.

The yarns I am using are the Berroco Sox from my last pair (Faux Cable), the Alpaca Sox from Scott's socks, and a Regia Silk from a pair that is still unfinished :) (but I am at the ribbing and only have an inch or so left to do, so I stole some).

They are not the prettiest socks. There are a lot of beautiful scrappy socks on Ravelry, so I am not being unreasonable :)

I just sneezed like eleven times. Hello, allergy season.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous!!!! These are going to be adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andi! They turned out much nicer than I thought! The yellows and oranges kind of scared me at first...

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥