Monday, April 30, 2012

Tuna noodle casserole recipe

By request, I'm posting the recipe for the casserole I made the other night. I made it again tonight because it's ridiculously easy and delicious! It doesn't require many ingredients, and the ones it does call for, I find I almost always have them on hand.

Tuna noodle cheese casserole

I'm not taking credit for this recipe! There are hundreds of other casseroles just like this one, but this is how I make it.

Tuna Noodle Casserole 
Could probably serve four people, definitely feeds two :)

  • Your favorite type of noodles, or whatever you have handy
  • 2 cans tuna, drained
  • 1 can of peas, or green beans, or corn, or any vegetable you like! I've tried bell peppers but they get soggy. I think broccoli and cauliflower would be delicious! 
  • 1 can of cream of something-soup. I've used Cream of Potato and Cream of Mushroom: both were good but I think I prefer Mushroom.
  • Grated cheese- any kind would be delicious! I usually use cheddar because that's what we have.
  • Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil noodles. It takes about five-six minutes for my oven to heat up, so I wait to turn it on until the noodles are are about four minutes from being done.

2. Turn oven to 400 degrees F.

3. Meanwhile, spray casserole pan with non-stick spray. I think my pan is 8x8". Mix tuna and your choice of vegetable(s) in casserole pan. Break apart tuna chunks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

4. Drain noodles and return to pan. Pour Cream of Soup into the noodles, plus one can of water. Mix together well.

5. Pour noodles/soup mixture into casserole pan, and mix well with tuna and veggies. Top with shredded cheese and if you like, crushed chips, cereal, etc.

6. Bake for 20 minutes.

That's it!


If you make it, I'd love to hear about it! I am by no means a great cook, but I do enjoy simple food that tastes great :)

Hope you all have a great evening!


 

2 comments:

  1. yummmm! i was hoping you post this!

    happy may day~

    katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, I am so glad you did, before I had to start begging. :)
    Thank you for sharing this recipe. It is on my menu for this week.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥