Saturday, November 23, 2013

later on we'll conspire, as we sit by the fire...

this morning looks like this:


P1040391


Happy Saturday!! I have been looking forward to this day all week because I decided I will only work on bunny nuggets today :) they are honestly my favorite things to knit. They work up so quickly, look cute in any weight yarn, make such great little gifts, and are perfect to use up yarn ends. Some people hexipuff, I bunny nugget :)

bunny nugget...almost


Yes, I am ready for Christmas. Our tree has already gone up. I am not sure what possessed Scott, but last week he asked where the tree was and then set it up. We usually wait until after Thanksgiving, but honestly, I am not complaining! I love the holiday season. I love the Christmas lights and decorations. I love the music (I find myself randomly humming lines from Christmas songs...the title of this post is the one that goes through my head the most often!). I don't love the crowds of hurried, angry and tired people.

And I am more than set to start Christmas socks too:

P1040401


My first purchase from Handdyed by Allie Cat and I couldn't be more in love!! The skein on the left is colorway Sea Monster and the right skein is Twas the Night of the Zombies Before Christmas (hehe)


P1040402


P1040403
and I had to make a new Christmas sock sack

and I might have more holiday yarn on the way... :)
(it's this and this!!)  

knit all the Christmas socks!


But first I must finish this pair:

Hermione's Everyday socks


I am about one inch from starting the toe decreases, yay! They will be my last project for Andi's Fall into Fall KAL.


Last time I posted a half finished Kindle cozy.

kindle cozies

Pattern: Cabled Kindling by Rachel Ack
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Tonal in Nevermore (discontinued colorway)
Needles: US 5
Modifications: I like the cables to be the same size, so I repeated the first nine rows throughout instead of knitting extra knit rows between cable crosses (per pattern).

If you knit this cozy, it will seem TEENY and you might think it will in no way fit over your device. But trust me, it will!! (these fit our Touch and Paperwhite). It is nice and snug and doesn't fall off. I knit mine (pink one) last year and it has loosened up a lot but still a cozy fit. I suppose if you blocked the cozy, it would relax also.

kindle cozies

kindle cozies


One last thing!! 

Eek new hair cut!!! And yes, the tree is up already! :)

A new haircut! :) I still haven't adjusted to it! Sometimes in the morning when I'm groggy, I think it's just pulled back into a bun. Haha! I really like it; I was ready for a change!


Ok, have to get back to bunny nuggets. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! What are you working on?

15 comments:

  1. your new 'do is adorable, Jesse! I keep waivering between long and short these days, going towards long right now...

    you are busy with all your projects! I'm still trying to whittle down my WIP pile (I finished my Quill and posted it yesterday finally ~ hooray!)

    our tree will go up this week also, although I'm nowhere near as ready for Christmas as you seem to be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, thank you!! I love it!

      Your Quill is GORGEOUS!! it makes me want to knit a blanket sized one too. I just might :) yours looks incredibly cozy.

      Hehe!! I am always ready for Christmas :)
      Happy Thanksgiving!!!

      Delete
  2. YAY! Someone who has short hair, and likes Christmas as well as I do!! Enjoy your weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol twinsies :) hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  3. OMG! Cu-ute! You go girl on going for this pixie. Love it on you.
    Your little boo zip bag is cute. Fun, crazy skeins and so full of holiday cheer and spirit. The Kindle covers look terrific. Great job on those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stefani!!! I am loving it :))

      the little boo bag is not quite perfect..I wanted one that can replace my little tin of stitch markers, but there is a gap between the fabric and zipper at the ends, so they could fall out!
      Happy turkey day to you!! I am sure you will cook lots!

      Delete
  4. i say what kepanie says! cute! haircut! love all your knitting and little box of knitting goodies. i hope you had a really great weekend, doing just what you looked forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Lori!!! it was a great weekend! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh Bunny Nuggets!!! They are perfect! I was looking for something to knit with all my little balls of leftover sock yarn, and hexipuffs aren't for me. But Bunny Nuggets - bring them on!!! And they will make perfect Christmas presents for the kids!! I love Christmas too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are perfect for sock yarn ends!! I would *love* to knit a beekeepers quilt...but I think it would take me the rest of my life to finish it! lol

      Delete
  6. I love this post from beginning to end! I will have to put the bunny nuggets on for next holiday season, super cute. I love that kindle cozy pattern, thank you so much for sharing and giving us the visual/fit warning. Things like that are so helpful! I just recently learned the love of sock knitting and darnit, I'm going to have to learn how to do 2 at a time like that. The world is crammed with lovely sock yarn, like your holiday yarn!! Enjoy the holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so sweet, thank you!!! yes, I think bunny nuggets are a must :) they make perfect ornaments.

      I love when people give a lot of information or talk about their issues with a pattern, so I try too! Hope you enjoy the season as well :)

      Delete
  7. Oh and your haircut is absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥