Thursday, October 24, 2013

more dyeing

P1040292


I am quite hooked.

P1040312


I dyed these skeins this morning. I tried a new method of putting a few drops of food coloring into the pan with a little bit of water, and then placing the skein on top of the dye. The wool really sucks the color up; it's pretty neat to watch!

P1040314


and these are some skeins from earlier this week:

P1040289



P1040287

this behemoth is half a pile of fiber I spun during the summer


I am seriously infatuated with the dyeing process!


P1040294



Other than dyeing, I also knit this little bunny from handspun:

Handspun bunny (handspun I was gifted)


it was a teeny skein someone gifted me in a swap package, and it made a very sweet bunny nugget! I still have some left, I could probably squeeze a few more out of it.

I also finished Call the Midwife: Shadows of the Workhouse by Jennifer Worth. There are three books to the series (I haven't read the first one) and this is the second. It has also been developed into a tv series on PBS. I really enjoyed reading this. I expected it to be more of a memoir, and about halfway through, it did read more like one. The first half tells the stories of three people Jennifer Worth came to know, how they survived life in the workhouse, and their lives after. They are very sad but beautiful and moving stories. The second half shows more of her life as a nurse and her very special friendship she makes with one man. I do recommend this book.

 One last thing to share:

So giddy right now!!!!!! @paperdag  it's gorgeous!! Thank you for recommending churro lamb...it is yummy!


This absolutely yummy fiber is from paperdag of Sheep on a Spring. Gahhh!! I can't wait to spin them up! aren't the colors amazing??

I have a short work week, so today is my Friday, woo hoo!!!!
I hope you all have a wonderful day xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh boy you're having tons of fun dyeing! They're like part of the candy game in Wreck It Ralph. The rovings look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how fun! you are going to have to open a shop soon jesse! love your bunny, such a personality that little one has! i forgot i have that book, i think i have the first one, i'll check, if i do when i finish it would you like me to send it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the method I used! i had some food colouring in the cupboard and so I got a frying pan and just let it soak it up. It was so much fun.

    I have watched the mini-series of Call The Midwife and it is seriously fantastic. A bit terrifying to see the conditions that women lived in less than 100 years ago, but a really good watch.

    I bought the books for my mother - in - law last christmas. Maybe I should borrow them back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these yarns you dyed too! Do you have any ideas what you will knit with it yet? And that bunny is SO sweet!!
    Also, on a side note, I LOVE the picture of you and your grandma in the side bar so much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dyed yarns look great! I got hooked on dyeing yarn with Kool-Aid in the crockpot a while ago, it's so much fun so see what will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see how dyeing yarn could get addictive. I really love the colors, so bright!! I've read the books as well, the first one is a really great introduction to the times and the main character. The show is fantastic and I'm excited that season 3 is starting soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥