Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday is here!!

Woot! I always look forward to the weekend, but today I am doubly looking forward to it. I have been sick all week (nothing too serious, just an annoying cough) and staying home on the couch and crafting sounds like bliss. I have a few fresh sewing projects to work on too!


 about to make yo yos for the first time - any tips?


The tree in the magazine photo is made up of yo-yos! I have never made a yo-yo before but I think I will get the hang of it; I have to sew 75 of them! All my fabric circles are cut so I am all set, just dragging my feet now :)

And I am going to sew a Ramona Rose Sock Sack!! (finally, hehe) I am so late coming to the party, but I've finally built up my courage to try it. I found some really cute Thanksgiving prints and I am excited! Vanessa from Instagram turned the dividing section into a zippered pocket, and Ramona Rose made a tutorial for it! So I will try to make one too.


What are you guys planning to do this weekend?
Hope you have a good one!

8 comments:

  1. that little tree is adorable!!!! and i love the sock project bag!
    i hope you feel better soon~ enjoy your crafting time...i do love days like that (less the sick part)
    we're going to the wool gathering in our area, 3 tents full of yarn goodness...can't wait!

    ~hugs

    katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I am feeling better, thank goodness! It's been almost two weeks of feeling blah.

      How was the wool gathering?? It sounds amazing!! I hope you came home with lots of yarn :)

      Delete
  2. hope you feel much better soon, Jesse!

    good luck with the yo-yo's...I had a grand vision of a yo-yo calico quilt for our bed when we first got married (ahem, 19 years ago) ~ I bought yards and yards of beautiful yellow based prints and 19 years later I'm slowly purging the fabric to people that sew and using it for linings in knitting projects
    (WHAT was I thinking???)

    have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks Melissa! I am feeling much better! ...I still haven't started the yo-yo's!! I love your story though :) hehe!!

      Delete
  3. Oh coughs suck. The last time I had one I finally learned how to get the phlegm up the old man way. Do you sleep upon propped pillows? I heard a humidifier helps at night. I hope you kick that soon.
    However, hooray for crafting. Wow, yo-yos?
    The ohana will be making a trip to Trader Joe's tomorrow and my bro, sil, and adorable baby niece will visit for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to do it the old man way, but I'm not very good at it! I have been propping my pillows up, but I don't have a humidifier. I think it would have helped a lot, so I might get one. It's so dry here in the winter anyway that it would be good to have.

      I wish we had a Trader Joes!! Your weekend sounds like a good time :)

      Delete
  4. I love to spend the start of the weekend reading blogs, knitting, update my blog sometimes!, with a nice comforting cup of coffee. Then, most of the rest of the weekend are chores! Have a good one and get well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes all of those things, with a nice cup of coffee *thumbs up!* I am feeling much better, thank you!

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥