Thursday, April 4, 2013

a stash update

1. A friend on Instagram recently started dyeing yarn and each colorway is absolutely gorgeous!

Lynai yarns


I have shown you the top skein before, it's Roxanne; I purchased it last month from Vanessa before her shop opened. The other two colorways are Across the Universe (left) and Loch Nessa (right). Aren't they so pretty?! It's hard choosing a pattern for them.

lynai yarns
Loch Nessa
She just dyed some springy colorways too! Visit her website, Lynai Yarns, for yarn and other pretty things :)


2. I have also shown you the skein on the right before (I bought it in Portland last summer) but I recently added to my Opal Vincent Van Gogh collection!!

vincent van gogh!


I might go back and buy a few more...  these Van Gogh yarns just make me so happy. I am pretty sure they will be plain, stockinette socks. I have seen this yarn knit up and the colors alone make the socks.


3. Wonderful Dag sent me a great package a few months ago (which I realize I never wrote about!! erg!) with this roving that she processed and hand-dyed:

Untitled

and I spun it up! 

handspun

It's about 76 yards of worsted weight yarn!! I love the colors so much, and it was a lot of fun to watch the colors emerge when I was spinning it!


April is going to be a busy month for projects! I hope I can keep up. Progress photos as soon as there is progress :) but I'll tell you there are two cross stitch projects, one mystery knit a long for fingerless mittens, some mice and hay bales, and another Hitchhiker (for my aunt). And I really want to cast on socks with the Lynai yarn!!

Today is my Friday because I have the day off tomorrow! Woo hoo :) Hope you guys have a great weekend!

(p.s. I decided to add a word verification in order to post a comment because I was receiving a lot of spam comments. I know it's kind of a bother but hopefully it's not too annoying! if you have any suggestions/comments about it, you can always email me too, at starshineluck @ gmaildotcom)

4 comments:

  1. I am interested to see how the Lynai yarn knits up. She's a fellow San Franciscan.
    I so envy your recent S.E.X. Sigh, I miss those days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes she is! I am hoping to cast on very soon, and I will definitely post photos :) Are you on a yarn diet?

      Delete
  2. that colourway is beautiful!

    beks
    polkadotsandsparkles.com
    (i've just opened my etsy store and would love for you to enter my giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beks! And congrats on opening your etsy store!! I will definitely enter :)

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥