Sunday, January 27, 2013

What's tater, precious?

Fiiinally writing about my goals for this new year :) I added a new page link (under the header) to keep track of my progress.

One of my goals this year is to make more homemade meals. It's not that we eat out a lot, but it's really easy to fall back on canned soups or chili, and I'd really like to cook more healthy. I won't share every single meal, but maybe the recipes that are new and delicious. I've started planning the week's meals and shopping for all the ingredients on one day. And holy cow has it helped! It means I'm more conscious about only grocery shopping one day a week, stocking up on pantry staples, and using up produce before they expire. It takes some strain off me too, because when I get home from work, I already know what to cook. And since Scott is always home before me, he can start prepping.

So, to start it off, we made Skinnytaste's Baked Potato Soup the other night:

Baked potato soup!

it was very good and very easy! The main ingredients are potatoes and cauliflowers! Crazy, huh? You end up cooking them until tender, then pureeing, and that's added to the chicken broth and milk. I like this soup because it isn't heavy or greasy, but the cauliflower helps to add body. I also learned you can cook a potato in the microwave :)


I hope you all have a great weekend! I started a pair of stripey green socks that I will be knitting on today.

Jesse

3 comments:

  1. yum!
    I love cauliflower and potato soup. I can't wait til it's soup weather again. It's such an easy way to eat vegies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh. And I like the way you've done your 2013 goals page.

    I may borrow your template. I'm not tracking my goals very well. I only got as far as a tag and a pretty graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've seen a Pin of a cauliflower soup. Good to know this was tasty and a success.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥