Sunday, November 18, 2012

Kawaii

#kawaiiwintersampler

It was a good weekend for my Kawaii Winter Wonderland sampler, I completed three squares! (I finished Day 9 after I took this photo). Day 9, incidentally, might be my favorite so far! But the penguin is super cute too! Basically whichever square I finish most recently is my favorite :)

It is a bad weekend, however, because I am sick. It started Saturday night; I was achy and cold and tender and my throat was sooo sore. The worst I felt was definitely last night. Today has been better, but I still feel lethargic and cold at times. And now Scott has the chills.

We've been watching a fair amount of films lately: Brave, Midnight in Paris, and Total Recall, and I'd recommend all!  
  • Brave is obviously cute and a well animated Pixar movie, and an instant favorite for me.  
  • Midnight in Paris is very interesting, starring Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams, about a couple who visits Paris. Owen Wilson's character is an actor who is an aspiring writer, and is transported back into time to meet his literary heroes, Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, as well as artists Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dali. The conflict happens when he falls in love with a gal (from the 1920s) and realizes he doesn't love his fiance, although, from the start McAdams and Wilson don't really have chemistry....  
  • Total Recall is a good sci-fi thriller. It runs in the same vein of Inception and The Matrix, what is reality? but takes its own approach. (it appears this is a remake of a 1990 film also called Total Recall starring Arnold Schwarzenegger). 
 Whew! I didn't mean to write so much about movies. But a few new movies I do want to see are Life of Pi, The Hobbit, and Cloud Atlas!

How about some crafty love?


Are you watching Baltimore play Pittsburgh? Do you see Pittsburgh's throwback jerseys?! Call me crazy, but I like them. I'm in the mood for a large bowl of ice cream...what do they say about dairy and colds? Is it bad to mix them?

Looking forward to a short work week, spending time with family, and eating a LOT of good food.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends :)

10 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Being sick is no fun! :P
    Your cross stitch is looking amazing! So cute!
    I saw Brave in the theater and really loved it! I think we are going to rent it to watch with some friends over Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna :) I don't get sick very often, so it's ok :) What are your other Thanksgiving plans? Do you Black Friday or Cyber Monday?

      Delete
    2. We have a couple friends coming to stay with us through the weekend and we are being completely nontraditional and having lasagna instead of turkey! None of us like turkey...isn't that weird?? And I think we are staying home not going out shopping...I'm pretty sure I would be killed if I went out on those days in our town...traffic is insane enough on regular days! haha What about you? :)

      Delete
    3. Ooh I love lasagna!! I think it's great to be nontraditional :) At Christmas, my mom makes enchiladas for dinner. I do think it's weird none of you like turkey though! ;)

      I'm not shopping either; I did it one year and it wasn't worth it!

      Delete
  2. awwww, sorry you're not feeling well~ i hope it moves on soon! your sampler is so sweet! i hope you feel better soon~

    happy thanksgiving my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I've had a lot of liquids and been bundled on the couch. I'm feeling a bit better this morning, thank you :) What are your holiday plans? I'm sure you make a great feast!

      Delete
  3. OMGosh! You are so sweet! I made it to your finds of the day list!
    I am so sorry you're sick! Boo on them germs. There are definitely bugs goin' around. I hope you're able to rest and get some TLC.
    Your cross st sampler is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I LOVE your hat! I am feeling much better, thank you! Still a little gunky, but not nearly as bad.

      Delete
  4. happy thanksgiving to you & yours jesse!

    xo

    katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you are the one that got me sick! ;)
    Sorry to hear you have been ill. There is nothing worse. I have been downing lots of tea,with honey and lemon. Oh and chicken broth. Hope you are filling better.
    I loved Midnight in Paris. I was unusual, but I liked that about it. Brave is on my list.
    Thank you for mentioning my hexi blanket. You are the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥