Thursday, November 1, 2012

bunny nuggets and things

Wow, I can't believe it's already November 1st! We had a pretty unspirited Halloween... no costumes, no pumpkins, no trick-or-treaters! This is the second year we've lived in this house, and we didn't have any trick-or-treaters last year either. I think because we live so close to the mall, most kids go there. Scott and I have been having a Matrix marathon, and finished the third movie last night.

I was recently gifted a pattern on Ravelry by a dear and kind friend, and although I'm sure she would not mind if I mentioned her name, I will keep her anonymous. I just wanted to say thank so much, you are a wonderful being, and I was absolutely floored that you did this! The pattern is Hitchhiker, one that I've wanted to knit for some time, and now Hitchhiker and this wonderful RAK will always be synonymous in my mind!

A few things off the needles recently:

Untitled
Bunny nuggets!


Pattern: Bunny Nuggets by Rebecca Danger
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici Sport in Sunny Day
Needles: 2.50 mm
Mods: none! super cute. I used 6 mm safety eyes and glued little pom poms for a tail instead of making one.

Untitled


Second bunny nugget and a new book. We haven't had one trick or treater tonight!
Starting a new book, the first physical book I've picked up in a long time


Daybreak is blocked and finished! Cheery colors for a gray day :)
Daybreak! Will have an actual photo shoot soon...


Pattern: Daybreak by Stephen West
Yarn: Knit Picks Chroma fingering in Galapagos and Stroll in Dove Heather
Needles: US 4

Mods: none!! Perfect size after blocking, not too big or small, just right.

Cranberry Sauce hat for aunt Linda. First Christmas gift completed!
for Aunt Linda...first Christmas present knit!

Pattern: Cranberry Sauce by Brittany Tyler
Yarn: Knit Picks Cadena in Cranberry
Needles: US 9 & 10 1/2
Mods: none, but it is a little short. Good news is I didn't run out of yarn like I thought I would!


That's about it, hope you are all enjoying your week!
Thinking of everyone affected by Hurricane Sandy.

4 comments:

  1. Your bunny nuggets are TOO cute!
    I love your Daybreak; the colors you chose are perfecto for it.
    What a great hat to keep one's noggin' warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and found your blog via Andi of My Sister's Knitter.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant projects as always. Your daybreak is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet post! love your gifting friend and the bunnies and your shawl and hat! wow, christmas gifts already, yay! here from andi also, it's nice to meet you.

    p.s. LOVEd that book

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥