Monday, August 6, 2012

Sunberry Waffle Socks

First finished Ravellenics project:


Untitled


Pattern: Blueberry Waffle Socks by Sandy Turner
Needle: 2.75 mm
Yarn: Felici Sport in Sunny Day
Modifications: Adapted to toe up, 48 total stitches

They are also pair ten of twelve that I'm hoping to knit this year! (two more pairs to go! yay!) And they are modeled, for the first time, on the sock blockers Scott made me :) 

Untitled

This pattern has become one of my favorites! It is easy to memorize and to adapt. And it is so quick in sport weight! It makes an excellent textured sock that works well with self-striping yarn (and is a little more interesting than plain stockinette socks).

My next Ravellenic project is Dot the Dress Up Box Monster for the Toy Toss event.

What events are you competing in?

15 comments:

  1. oh they are beautiful!

    i love those colours too.

    i'm now googling that yarn to see what the shipping costs to australia are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You inspired me! Saw yours on Instagram and cast them on a couple of days ago. Yours are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina!! Just popped over to your blog and yours looks amazing!! Love that color :)

      Delete
  3. i love the stripey goodness! I've been thinking about purchasing sock blockers~ now i'm wondering if i could make a pair~ did he make them from wire hangers?

    happy knitting

    katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! Thank you so much :) Yep, these are made from wire hangers! I had Scott do the initial unbending and reshaping, but I fine tuned them :)

      Delete
  4. I love your socks! I started a pair of waffle socks YEARS ago - one was almost to the toe and I stopped. It got put away in my unfinished projects drawer and your lovely socks just reminded me that I want to finish mine. I am not even sure I will know where I left off!!!!!

    I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I hope you find them! They are very cozy :)

      Delete
  5. Love your socks! This pattern was in my favorites for a while, and you make me want to knit them straight away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dona! They were so fast and easy! I am planning on knitting several other pairs for Christmas gifts!

      Delete
  6. Such pretty socks. And I have some sock blockers just like yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cute! I love the colors! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! They will be such cheerful, summery reminders in the winter.

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥