Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pebble Beach

Hi friends!

I have another finished object to share with you. It's Pebble Beach, and I love it. 


P1050768


Pattern: Pebble Beach Shawlette by Helen Stewart
Yarn: Hazel Knits Artisan Sock in color Euphorbia and Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Inkwell
Needle: US 7, 40" circular
Modifications: I knew I would run out of yarn so I decided to use a contrast color for the edge. I ended up repeating the last four rows once more to have just enough purple in the shawl :)


P1050788


I greatly enjoyed knitting this shawl. I had read someone's comment that it's potato chip knitting, and I was like, what? no way! It's lace! But it really did become intuitive and, I don't want to say mindless or simple, but very relaxing. The lace rows were the rows to pay attention to, but they're followed by three rows of stockinette or garter stitch.


P1050783


A month or so ago, I came across Helen Stewart's podcast through another podcast. In one show she discusses her Pebble Beach Shawlette, and Unwind Brighton, and it made me so interested in the pattern. Then I kept seeing friends on Instagram who had been to Unwind Brighton and received the shawl pattern, knitting their Pebble Beaches and, well, you know how enabling goes!

Helen's podcast is called Curious Handmade and if you haven't had a listen yet, consider trying it. I really enjoy her podcast!


P1050765


Mine turned out fairly long. I didn't measure it but my wingspan is 64 inches, plus there's at least five inches extra on each side (the pattern measurements are 55 inches diameter). I did go up one needle size than the pattern calls for because the Hazel Knits Artisan Sock fabric just seemed too dense on US 6.

I am glad for a little extra length! It will wrap a few extra times under my jacket this fall :)


P1050797


I hope you are all having a sunny but cool Sunday! Thanks for reading! x


****************************************

(p.s. I connected my Blogger account to Google+ recently, but for some reason it left me unable to reply to certain comments. I disconnected from Google+ in the hopes that I can again reply directly to comments left here. We'll see! If I didn't reply to your comment in the last two posts it was because of this, but I did read your comments and greatly appreciate them!!) x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥