Saturday, May 31, 2014

Mischief managed

spring spring S P R I I I I I I I I N G ! ! !

P1050438

I think spring might be my favorite season after all. I love the cool air during the early morning and late evenings, it isn't too cold, just refreshing. And I love the fact that I can wear Bermuda shorts during the day but can still slip on a sweater to stay comfortable. The trees are all kapow with new leaves, and there are dots of color in front of everyone's home; tulips, irises, poppies.


Mrs. Weasley's

I've cast on a new blanket and started the annual Harry Potter read. That is how Mrs. Weasley's blanket came to be.

Mrs. Weasley's

Pattern: based on Hue Shift Afghan by Kerin Dimeler-Laurence
Needles: US 3 or 3.25 mm 
Yarn: only sock yarn scraps
You might remember I've already started one Hue Shift afghan...and haven't finished it. But I have been itching to cast on a sock yarn blanket for awhile, and finally decided to! I love this pattern because you pick up stitches as you go to form the next square, so no sewing blocks together!!! I'm altering this one to have four quadrants of 36 squares, I think that will be plenty large enough. 

Mrs. Weasley's

It's ridiculous how fast this is going. I started both the blanket and the first HP on May 24, and I've knit a block of 6x5 squares and am on the third book already. I cannot put either down.


Mrs. Weasley's

Doesn't it look like something Mrs. Weasley would knit?

Mrs. Weasley's
my tub of sock scraps

That's it from me, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!! You know what I'll be doing xx

19 comments:

  1. Your blanket is looking awesome! (Definitely has a Weasley vibe). Sounds pretty cozy to be knitting on this and reading HP!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bethany!! They make a very good pairing :)

      Delete
  2. this is gorgeous, and a great use of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! It is an awesome scrap buster!

      Delete
  3. This is perfectly inspiring!! I could go for the same combo of HP and blanket!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! the only thing that makes it better is a nice drink and snack :)

      Delete
  4. so cozy & colorful! great idea for using bits of yarn~
    hugs~

    katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie!! It's getting more cozy as it grows :) can't wait xx

      Delete
  5. The sock yarn blanket is looking really beautiful. I'd made one a long time ago and it is my absolute favourite - the thin yarn makes it really lightweight. Yours is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! I am looking forward to having a light weight blanket!

      Delete
  6. Ms. Weasley would be proud! I love rereading the series, and this is a perfect way to do it! Thanks again for inspiring me to start my own scrappy blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacey!!! I am so happy we were able to swap minis!! xx

      Delete
  7. I love the imagery you wrote - Bermuda shorts with the option of wearing a handknit sweater or cardigan later on. And this blanket is fantastic. I am so coveting it! This annual Harry Potter read is a self-appointed thing? I love HP. I think I'll be downloading the ebooks so I won't have to lug the books around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks Stefanie, every once in awhile that creative writing degree comes out ;) YES! annual HP read is self-appointed; sometimes I just get a craving for it!!! That usually lets me know that I should read the books/watch movies again :) (usually both)

      Delete
  8. That looks exactly like something Mrs. Weasley would knit. Isn't it so much fun to pick your next mini-skein? My Sock Yarn Blanket is in hibernation for the summer. Mine is all one piece, and it's too hot to have a blanket in my lap. I never thought to make one like a Hue Shift. Interesting construction!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it is so much fun choosing the next mini skein! It is my favorite part I think. Oh yes that would be hot! I want to start a bulky weight blanket for my mom soon, but I am dreading it this summer!

      Delete
  9. I love Harry Pooper Potter Pants (as my brother in law calls him) and I love Mrs. Weasely. We bake, knit and drive to the audiobooks. We do an annual viewing and are known to reread the series too much as well.

    I have been known to hit the pause button when watching one of the movies and point something out about it. You make this blanket look so fun! Maybe one day after I collect more sock scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe!! Love to hear you guys are addicts as well! I have totally paused to point something out too! haha!!! Now that I am reading Game of Thrones after watching the show with Scott, I keep dissecting things from the first season. He probably wants to kill me!! lol

      Delete
  10. I gave chickabiddy a glimpse here to see what you were creating, and now I'm sure she expects one! I am assuming getting happy, clappy, and giggly is a sign of extreme want! Thanks for the creative push, now to find the yarn!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥