Tuesday, February 25, 2014

catch up

Hello friends!

It snowed all day yesterday and it was so beautiful. The snow plows must have been down our road at least once, but with all the cars parked on the street, they can't clear it all. We helped two people push their cars out today! I've realized what I really like about winter is a deeper sense of community. When I see people shoveling their sidewalks it makes me happy because they are, in part, doing it for the welfare of others.

anyway... now to share all of the recent finished objects that I have finally photographed :)

The first is a test knit that I waited to share until the pattern was released.

test mitts


The pattern is Frostweed by Julie Zaichuk-Ryan and it is a lovely textured mitt.


test mitts


I used some yarn I had dyed last summer and a complimentary color also from stash.


test mitts

They are super cozy and squishy. A very satisfying knit!


Another project I finished awhile ago, with a not very good photo at all:

Pendulum

Pattern: Pendulum by Amy Miller
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Heritage Silk in Turquoise and Charcoal

I am not entirely happy with this shawl. I think in part it's the yarn. Though it has beautiful drape, the wrapped stitches stand out like eye sores when the it's laid flat. I just felt the yarn was too slippery for my taste, which I suppose is the silk. I do like wearing the shawl wrapped around like a scarf.



I heart Canada


Project: I ♥ Canada a basic vanilla pattern
Yarn: ONline Supersocke 4-fach Walking Color
Needles: 2.25 mm

These socks received their name because this is yarn I purchased on our Canada vacation last summer! I am wearing the socks now and they are already favorites. They have a well worn feel to them, that favorite sock feel, without looking worn out. I love them. I will have to find this yarn again!


I heart Canada


I knit this pair one at a time. I am trying to always have a single, vanilla sock on the needles at all times. It's just perfect for taking along.


I heart Canada
a modified eye of the partridge heel

This is pair five of thirteen this year :)



Monkey


Pattern: Monkey by Cookie A
Yarn: iKNITiatives in Visions of Spring Flowers
Needle: 2.25 mm
Modifications: used a Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Pair 6/13

Monkey


I entered this one into the Ravellenics's Sock Hockey! I am super stoked I finished them in time. But honestly...they were so fun to knit! Once I gained confidence in myself, I was able to knit the chart quicker and even memorized it towards the end.


Monkey
Fish Lips Kiss heel

 oh! and what's on the needles now:

SIP

It's Zwerger Garn Opal Vincent van Gogh in The Red Vineyards at Arles, based off of colors from its namesake painting:

via wikipedia

SIP

one of my favorite yarns for many reasons xx


It's Bookclub tonight and I'm hosting so I had better finish getting ready :) have you read the Mortal Instruments series?? I am obsessed. 

bye! xx

4 comments:

  1. Look at all of those lovely pairs of socks! They are quite a collection. The Canada ones are well named. The Monkeys fabulous. Where do you find the Van Gogh yarn? The shawl is style nicely and your mitts are awesome. They have a vintage vibe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefanie! it is definitely the year of socks :) I found the van Gogh yarn at my local yarn store, but it's discontinued now. You might still be able to find it at your LYS or maybe in someone's Ravelry destash.

      Delete
  2. You are doing some lovely knitting my friend! I love them all! How did you like the fish lips heel? Any suggestions? I just purchased the pattern but haven't used it yet~ Frostweed is a very nice pattern & you choose great yarn combo's~ enjoy your week Jesse~ *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Katie!! I really like the fish lips heel!! The pattern is so long, huh?! At first it took me a long time to knit one heel, but now that I have knit two pairs with the heel, I am a little bit faster. You should definitely try it!

      I hope you have a great weekend friend! TGIF!!

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥