Sunday, March 25, 2012

Round Ripple

I started this afghan sometime late last year, and stuffed it away in order to finish Christmas knitting. This weekend I felt like crocheting and pulled it out. The pattern is Lyn's Round Ripple and here is where I'm at now:



There are a few reasons why I love this pattern (this is my third time crocheting it!). Since you begin in the middle and work your way out in rounds, you only need to chain a few stitches to get going. One thing that really deters me from crocheting a rectangular afghan is chaining all those stitches!

This is also a great stash buster. I think I will only need three one-pound skeins of yarn, and they're all from my stash. Two are the Caron One Pounds and the variegated is JoAnn's Sensations, the Rainbow type. I think it's a neat way to play with colors.

And one of the last reasons why this pattern rocks is you can stop whenever! It could easily be a nice lap blanket or a huge queen sized afghan.

Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday afternoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥