Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hospitals and circulars

Dad's surgery was yesterday. Everything looks good, seems that the cancer was contained too. They are waiting on the blood tests but he should be able to come home today =) He was much more his normal self today, making jokes and walking around. I guess he did make a few jokes last night, but they were quiet ones. Our neighbor JP was just around the corner because he had had the same operation as dad! So they kept walking over to each others rooms to say hello and it was very funny. JP hopes to be out by tomorrow. Even though his operation was two days before dad's, it was more extensive because his cancer was farther along. I hope dad's progress is encouraging JP to keep working at it.

While I was waiting with mom for dad to get out of surgery, I started a cowl on two straight needles. After casting on 92 stitches and working about 1 1/2 to 2 inches, I decided last night to move to circulars. I purchased some last night and recast on. I probably cast on about 200 stitches this time, and I think it'll be closer to what I envision. I was obviously dreading having to frog my work and recast on but casting onto circs are SOOO much nicer than onto dpns!! Even though the stitches get all turned and twisted, it's so easy to fix it! I am in love with circs.

I guess a lot of people have been telling Nate that they want a hat like his, and he told mom that he already has ten orders in! I haven't talked to him about it and I'm not even sure I want to sell any hats. For one, I'm kind of tired of knitting hats. Two, mom thought $10 would be an appropriate amount to charge, when really, that only covers yarn, if even (if I use Patons). So I wouldn't really be compensated for my time and effort. Plus, I've only been using published hat patterns, and I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sell someone's pattern like that.


Oh! I finished Scott's Howler Monkey hat =) I still have to upload photos but I think it looks great! And I'm pretty sure he likes it too, even though it causes him to overheat in the house hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥