Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bag and book haul!!

I am a pockets and zipper gal. The more the better =) and baby, this has a ton!

o fo sho!!
It's REI's Chock Shoulder Bag and you can see the specs here. Ever since I was young, I've bounced between bags, and I never found one I liked very much. Yes, I am picky about certain things. Even anal. But a bag needs to be functional. Equally important it needs to be attractive. The problem I've found is that most companies don't know how to mix functional and attractive, so functional bags are often big ugly messes.

I do love REI because they have quality products at prices lower than the competitors. When I was at REI tonight I browsed through an awesome KEEN messenger ($80) and Timbuk2 (for an extra small messenger $80). Both bags were great, but a bit too large (and expensive) for what I was looking for. Then I saw the REI Chock bag and loved it instantly. However, there wasn't a price tag on it, so I immediately assumed it was at least $60, if not more. Story short, it was $40 =)

I'm looking forward to flow from school to work to home to shopping with the same bag that, fingers crossed, holds everything.



Now for the book haul:

Found a great sale at Hastings, buy two used (of anything) get the third for $1!
-- The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
-- Eat, Pray, Love - Elizabeth Gilbert
-- Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut

(kind of a weird assortment, eh?)

and one I've been meaning to pick up for awhile:
-- My Life in France - Julia Child ((squee!!!))

ALSO, all their 2011 calendars are on sale for $2.99 and I found a page a day KNITTING calendar!

perhaps I'll squeeze some of these patterns in between my 2011 knitting challenge!


 Also, Happy Birthday to Scott's mom, Penny!
 
(flowers photographed in Seattle)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥