I'm not taking credit for this recipe! There are hundreds of other casseroles just like this one, but this is how I make it.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Could probably serve four people, definitely feeds two :)
- Your favorite type of noodles, or whatever you have handy
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- 1 can of peas, or green beans, or corn, or any vegetable you like! I've tried bell peppers but they get soggy. I think broccoli and cauliflower would be delicious!
- 1 can of cream of something-soup. I've used Cream of Potato and Cream of Mushroom: both were good but I think I prefer Mushroom.
- Grated cheese- any kind would be delicious! I usually use cheddar because that's what we have.
- Salt and pepper to taste
2. Turn oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Meanwhile, spray casserole pan with non-stick spray. I think my pan is 8x8". Mix tuna and your choice of vegetable(s) in casserole pan. Break apart tuna chunks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Drain noodles and return to pan. Pour Cream of Soup into the noodles, plus one can of water. Mix together well.
5. Pour noodles/soup mixture into casserole pan, and mix well with tuna and veggies. Top with shredded cheese and if you like, crushed chips, cereal, etc.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
If you make it, I'd love to hear about it! I am by no means a great cook, but I do enjoy simple food that tastes great :)
Hope you all have a great evening!