Friday, May 27, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend is coming up and we're going to Bozeman to finish off the Western Yarn Shop Hop. And if it doesn't rain too much, we may camp a bit. Scott has been Ebay-happy lately and purchased a new tent, flint things to start fires, a compact camp stove, sleeping pads, and three harmonicas. If he isn't able to try out his new equipment soon, I'm afraid what will happen to him. But I am excited to finish the Shop Hop and to see the LYS in Bozeman. From their websites, the stores look beautiful.

I finished the Garter-Ridged Hat but still need to take photos. I realize I've knit a lot of hats lately, I think at least six in a row. At this rate, I'll be able to wear a different hat everyday this winter lol But you know what, I like knitting hats because there are so many different ways to knit one. I like to practice Fair Isle and play with decreasing at the top. And I'm able to knit and read, which I absolutely LOVE to do! I'm a little over halfway through HP and the Deathly Hallows but I totally forgot how many people die in this book. The story is compelling yet depressing.

I'm still itching to knit a pair of socks, but am intimidated by the skinny needles and heel-turning. I also hope to knit a sweater sometime this summer. I will take the plunge sooner or later, don't you fret. I have a feeling once I knit a pair of socks and a sweater, I'll be invincible ;)

I hope you all have a wonderful, happy and safe Memorial Day Weekend!


april2011 001
Roof stairs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥