Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Western Montana Yarn Shop Hop 2012

I am a little bummed that I will be missing the Shop Hop this year. Last year was my first year participating and it was so much fun! All you have to do is visit six participating local yarn shops in Montana, have the shop stamp your Hop card, and then turn your card in to your LYS. Each LYS has unique prizes to win for people who complete the Hop, and last year I won a Namaste bag!

The Hop is only through May, and I just learned today it was happening this year; I think I will run out of time to visit enough stores.

Here are the links to my posts about last year's LYS (reading them again reeeeally makes me sad I'm not doing it again this year! It was such a blast to drive around Montana, sight see, and check out new yarn stores) :

  • Helena -- We also went to a local brewery/restaurant and had the BEST amber ale...delicious
  • Bozeman -- I fell in love with Bozeman's yarn stores!! They were so neat and so unlike Missoula's


may2011 004
Yarn bomb in front of Bozeman's LYS Stix


That settles it... this summer I am definitely doing my own shop hop. There are some shops in Kalispell that I really want to check out, and I want to revisit Bozeman.


may2011 027
Scott was such a trooper and went to all the shops with me, only grumbling when I was on my fifth lap of each store

Happy Hump Day! I am soo close to binding off on my Summer Socks...I'd love it if I finished them this morning. Bye!

Does your LYS participate in a Shop Hop in your state? What makes a "good" local yarn store?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥