Thursday, May 10, 2012

Summer Socks

I finished these babies yesterday! From now on, socks shall only be knit with sport weight yarn; they're a breeze! (Scott's socks will certainly be knit with sport weight from now on)


Untitled



It's Sereknity Yarn and Fiber and was won in a contest put on by Gina House of SleepyEyes. It is sport weight and 260 yards. I knit these toe up with Magic Loop and was determined to use all the yarn! I did end up using most of it, except the last yard or two.

I started with a 3.00 mm needle and switched to 2.5 mm for the ribbed leg because I was worried it wouldn't be snug enough. I think it was a good call because they fit beautifully!!


They are finished!! Sport weight socks knit up so quickly!! #socks #knitting #ravelry #toeup #magicloop

I am seriously over the moon with these! It might be because they are the quickest socks I've knit so far (only six days! I feel like those all-star sock knitters who whip out pairs before you can blink. Yes, Andi, I mean you!) It also might be because I love hand-knit socks and now I have another pair!


Happy Thursday! The weekend is almost here!


(Progress photos can be seen at this post)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your socks! I would like to try sportweight sometime. Gorgeous colorway. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Sportweight is a *dream* to knit with, mainly because you are finished in a snap! They are also a bit more squishy than my fingerweight pairs :) I hope you try sportweight!

      Delete
  2. LOL! You are an all-star sock knitter. I think you just stole my title with those super fab socks! 6 days... are you kidding me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were quick because they are sportweight!! And I'm pretty sure I did nothing that whole week :)

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥