Friday, May 18, 2012

Socks obsessed

Hey friends.... it's FRIDAY!! Are you as excited for the weekend as I am? This work week has been a real doozy; three surgery days in a row means chaos. I am ready for a stress-free weekend filled with lots of knitting and home improvement :)

A little while back, I fell in love with Andi's socks. And I mean, I really fell in love with them. I was pretty much obsessed with them night and day. I had to start my own:


This pattern is called Faux Cable Rib Socks by Jen Hansen (it's on Ravelry). Yarn is Berroco Sox. #socks #knitting #photoadaymay #sockknitting
Cast on May 14th

The pattern is Faux Cable Socks by Jen Lucas. The yarn is Berroco Sox and I'm using 2.5 mm needles. Looking back, this was probably not the best yarn choice; the cables kind of get lost in the bold stripes. Oh well :) These were also the first cuff-down socks I've knit in quite awhile and it took a bit of adjusting! (the last three pairs have been toe-up). There are certain parts of cuff-down that I really enjoy, and there are parts of toe-up I prefer. For instance, I like the heel turn on cuff-down soooo much better, but I like the cast on and gusset on toe-up. If only the two methods could get married and make the perfect sock construction baby.


I hope you all have a wonderful and fun weekend!

2 comments:

  1. OH! Those are going to be fantastic. How fun is that pattern? Doon't worry about the striping, I was worried about that too with mine. The cables will show perfectly. I promise.
    Love that yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your finished product!

    Happy weekending to you also~

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥