Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bella Rus

My birthday gift from Scott:

see my neat little digi library!

A Cruz Reader! I have to say he took a big risk in surprising me with an e-reader, since I've pretty much sworn them off! I'm a lit major... and an avid book reader since I can remember... I can't just abandon books.

But I love this! Once I figured out how to download a book, I couldn't stop. I have a number of readers on Bella Rus (why do I call it Bella Rus? besides the fact that Rus rhymes with Cruz, I have no good reason) but my favorite and most used is Aldiko. I've downloaded TONS and TONS of classics. I'm reading Alice and Wonderland on it now. It's a good one to read before bed because of all its silly nonsense. Makes for good dreams.

I also love the Kindle reader because it's so easy to buy a book... though I really have to monitor myself in the Amazon store. I purchased a Jane Austen bundle (all her books!) for $0.89 in one click.

And, there's a program that allows me to check out e-books from the Missoula Public Library! It has it's ups (lots of current books that you don't need to purchase) and downs (you can't return a book before the 14 day loan is up and it takes a long time to check out a book since many people already have holds on it, and you also can't renew a book). Right now I'm reading Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. It's one I've been meaning to read for awhile now and I'm really enjoying it.

There are a lot of other handy apps too. One is Pulse, which lists all the blogs I follow plus other sites I like to browse. Of course, there's Pandora, Facebook, and one for weather.

I think this is the handiest thing ever =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥