Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oh my

My world has been turned upside down. I'm beside myself. I don't know what to do.

It has recently been brought to my attention that coffee beans should NOT be stored in the refrigerator. Go ahead and Google it if you don't believe me. There are many articles and discussions about this.

I am devastated.

I refrigerate my beans because my parents refrigerate theirs. Apparently coffee beans are porous and can absorb other fridge smells. Also, the moisture is not good for coffee. All the articles you will read about coffee storage say to avoid light, moisture, heat, and air (oxygen), and store in air-tight ceramic containers, not plastic. O bother.

There's more than a pound of Cravens coffee in our fridge, in a plastic container.
Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥