Friday, June 8, 2012

I've been nominated!







If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
  •  Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
  •  Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
  •  Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  •  Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
  •  Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.

I nominate the following bloggers for this award:


1. Tanis Fiber Arts - um..gorgeous, hand-dyed yarns, beautiful knits, cutest Whippet; just a few reasons why I love this blog!
2. My Sister's Knitter - I love Andi so much for her enabling! Plus, she is the sock queen
3. life on coyote hill - Katie shares bits of her daily life and I especially love her posts about gardening!
4. mirrormirror - she can take a photo of anything and it's beautiful
5. Rebecca Danger - monsters and dinosaurs! Plus, she took monthly photos of her newborn and it was awesome seeing him change!
6. not martha - such a creative gal!
7. Susan B. Anderson - Susan seems like a very down to earth person and I love reading her posts about life and knitting
8. Knitting Like Crazy - a new to me blog, but I loved knitting Jen's Faux Cable socks and she knits such beautiful things
9. New Dress a Day - Marisa is a genius! Proficient blogger and seamstress! If you need sewing inspiration, check her out :)
10. A Great Leap in the Dark - this blog follows a couple who is in the process of building a tiny house and making it into a home. It's great to see the progress! Plus, I have a deep fascination with little houses, not that I could live in one (with all my stuff)
11.  Sew, Mama, Sew! - since I'm just learning to sew, this is a great blog to read and familiarize myself with techniques and projects!
12. Knit, Stitch, Click! - Dani is a knitting, sewing, weaving queen! I love seeing her new creations
13. North of 49 - I always enjoying reading this blog; Kristie blogs about a wide variety of things
14. Do You Mind if I Knit - whimsical is a great word to describe this blog!
15. Whiskers & Wool - a mix of crochet and cats


Seven Things About Me:

1. I like sneezing
2. I've seen every episode of the Golden Girls about a thousand times
3. I hate soggy cereal, but Scott will actually let his cereal sit to get soggy
4. When I was young, I wanted to live in a lighthouse
5. I'm very OCD about some things, like keeping the kitchen sink clean
6. I magic loop socks, but I think socks on double pointed needles is more aesthetically pleasing
7. Yesterday when I called in a prescription at work, the guy on the other end said I had a nice voice and that if I read a book to someone, they would fall asleep. Kind of weird, right?


I hope you all have a great weekend!! It's our anniversary so we are planning something fun!

4 comments:

  1. You're welcome Hun!

    Have you seen the tv show Round The Twist? It was based on the books of Paul Jennings, and it was huge when I was in primary school.
    But the kids in the show lived in a lighthouse (occasionally haunted) and it always seemed like the coolest thing ever.

    The best thing about this award is looking through the other blogs that people nominate. You're bound to find a few gems you never knew about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not seen Round the Twist, but I will see if I can find it somewhere :) I would not like a haunted light house!! I think when I was young, I learned about this one lighthouse that had a great library in it, and that is what really sold me on the idea. But I really can't remember now! Also, that spiraling staircase!

      I hope you have a great week! And thanks again for nominating me!!

      Delete
  2. Right back at you my friend! You know I am always happy to enable.
    I am so with you on your theory about DPNs! And on a aide note can you please record yourself reading a book so I can fall asleep. hehe
    Thank you for the award, honestly I am crap about answering questions and horrible about paying that award forward!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! I would gladly read books to people if it helped them fall asleep! that is, if I didn't fall asleep first. I always fall asleep after a few minutes if I read in bed.

      You are totally welcome, and it's completely ok if you don't pay it forward! I think you do a splendid job linking to people and their crafts already :)

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥