Thursday, June 14, 2012

BookCraftsWineSnacks Club

The first meeting of the BookCraftsWineSnacks Club happened last night and it was excellent! We had to get a lot of logistics out of the way first (club name, who was bringing the next snacks, which wine to open first, etc).

We met at Autumn's house and there were plenty of wine and snacks...


First club meeting! woo hoo!



The wine, the snacks, the book...
Tina and the wine


... and lots of laughter and crafts :)

Autumn made super rings from old sheet music:

more crafts



Abbey sewed a girl owl together:


...and the crafts!



(I forgot to take a picture of my craft, but it was sock knitting)

Katie led the group discussion about our book, Bossypants by Tina Fey: 


leading group discussion


She forgot to bring a craft but I think one of these times, Katie is going to show us how to make really cute flowers from scrapbook paper on canvas ! Maybe next BCWS club meeting?



the clubbers!
Me, Katie, Abbey, Autumn

 Yay! The first meeting was awesome and I think we are all looking forward to the next one :)

for the record, we did NOT drink all that wine!!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh that looks like so much fun!!!! How did you like the book? I've been thinking about getting it on my kindle~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a blast, Katie! We all enjoy different crafts and it's fun to see projects in progress :) I am only about halfway through the book, but oh, it's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man I wish I still lived in Missoula and could join your awesome club! Looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it would be fun!! Are you planning any trips back this summer? We're having one around July 18th and another in mid-August... if you're around you have to come!

      Delete
  4. What a fun group. I am wicked jealous. Being amongst other crafties is the best isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! They are a great bunch of gals and I am really lucky! If you are ever in Montana, you're more than welcome to come! :)

      Delete
  5. Your club sounds so fantastic! We used to have one here in the Philly area but little by little people moved away. Seeing your pics makes me miss it. Knitting, food and wine...bliss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I am so lucky to have met these wonderful gals! I hope you find another great club to join :) Maybe you will just have to make one!

      Delete
  6. Oh, this looks like so much fun! I secretly wish I could join you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such a blast!! And you are more than welcome to join us if you're ever in the area :) Do you come back to the States often?

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥