Friday, October 28, 2011

FO no. 32: Harriet the Haberdashery Hippo

Squeee!! She is too cute!

Harriet

2011 Knit Challenge: 32 Knit and 28 To Go!!


Harriet

I used Cascade 220 in orange. I bought it in Helena on the Shop Hop. And this is a pattern by Rebecca Danger!

I am very pleased with how this hippo turned out! Even though she does have her imperfections... mainly being I knit her legs on wrong so she has saddlebags, and her left arm is longer than her right. And I used buttons instead of safety eyes (the gal at Jo Ann's said they didn't carry them, but they really do) so her eyes stick out a bit.

And I've decided it looks better to close up each arm hole/ ear hole/ tail before sewing them on to the body. I loved stuffing her! (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?) And putting the eyes and embroidery one was fun too.

Harriet and Berny

But she seems to get along well with Berny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥