Sunday, September 22, 2013

a few things

Oh yes, it was a good weekend. Thank you for the well wishes, I do feel a lot better! I still have the occasional cough but my energy is good.

I did not work on my yo-yo's at all, except to iron the circles and find a thimble.

I did make a Sock Sack!! and I love it!!! I wanted to wait to use it until I had a new sock project because I'm holding out for Andi's October KAL (but I couldn't wait so I put a WIP in)

sock sack
Those are my dad's Christmas socks... from last year if you remember.

It's a great pattern and I think anyone with some sewing experience would have no problem! And I really do mean this: if I can sew it, you can too, because my sewing skills are....... ok. haha!!


sock sack
just needs ribbon!


I made a few Christmas gifts too:

shh!

I always have this vision of filling a box with Christmas gifts and being completely finished well ahead of the day. It hasn't happened yet but every year I try :) I am planning to knit hats with Stefanie in her Beanie-a-long, and I have a few people in mind to knit for.


And my Rachel's Shawl is growing:

Rachel's Shawl

which I will blog more about at Girls in Sheep Clothing :))


here's to a great week, cheers!

11 comments:

  1. love all your sewing projects, Jesse

    especially the Snoopy fabric :) ~ there's nothing more joyful than that dog doing his happy dance (I hear the piano music in my head from the cartoons!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, wait...I'm not done!

    your shawl is looking wonderful & how do I get on your Christmas list? :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehe send me your address :)) and yeah! Snoopy makes me so happy :)

      Delete
  3. Love love love your sock sack! Such cute Snoopy fabric. And your shawl WIP looks like fall... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bethany!! now all I need is a yard full of fallen leaves :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh! Snoopy! Love your new project bag. Also, Mahalo nui loa for mentioning my beanie-a-long :0)!!! I'm glad you're joining in. The yarn for the shawl is buttery maple rich. Love it! It's like liquid amber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thank you!! and yes! I am very excited to KAL with you! I love knitting hats, one of my favorite things!

      Delete
  5. I really like the new project bag. I need to do something like whenever I learn to sew. The yarn for the shawl is so pretty, I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! It's a great little bag, and really fun to play with different prints/colors. This was one of the first bags I learned to sew, it's more simple than the sock sack, but still really cute!!: http://ericafaye.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-sew-box-bottom-bag.html

      Delete
  6. that project bag is awesome! Every single time I visit your blog I either favourite something on ravelry, or save a pattern. You always manage to find the coolest stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe you are so nice, thank you for saying that!! but really, I see other people making/using things, and then I favorite them :))

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥