Friday, April 5, 2013

Mystery KAL

In my last post, I mentioned that I'm knitting a pair of mystery mitts. Here they are so far :) This is Clue One:

Grand Right and Left mystery mitts KAL

That pattern is Grand Right and Left by Paula McKeever (she also designed Cafe au Lait mitts!!). Right now the Fingerless Glove Fanatics board on Ravelry is hosting the MKAL. There will be four clues; clue two was just released today :)

Grand Right and Left mystery mitts KAL

I started knitting them two at a time on Magic Loop, however, clue two is just for the right mitt, and clue three just for the left, so I have separated the mitts to their own needles. The yarn I am using is Knit Picks Telemark in Aubergine. It is tough to knit, like literally, it doesn't have much give! But it really has nice stitch definition, don't you think? I am happy to be using it since I purchased a bit when Telemark was being discontinued a year or two ago. Using stash yarn is always nice.

Ahem... speaking of stash... and yarn... a box with this in it was delivered yesterday:

Untitled

:)))))))) 

(I was told sock yarn doesn't count as stash) 

7 comments:

  1. Great sock yarn! I really like the st definition of that Telemark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! I am super eager to cast on with some of this great sock yarn!

      Delete
  2. You are right..sock yarn does not count as stash. :)
    Progress on your mitts are looking beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) hehe! and thank you! I almost finished with clue two, just wait til you see it!

      Delete
  3. I read twice today that sock yarn does not count as stash! It has to be true ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mittens are really pretty.

    And sock yarn doesn't count as stash.

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥