Saturday, April 20, 2013

Aquarium, Sock FO #1/13

I have finally finished a pair of socks!

Finished these Hermione's Everyday Socks :) yarn is Knit Picks Felici in Aquarium


Pattern: Hermione's Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in Aquarium
Needles: 2.25 mm
Notes: I knit these 2aat cuff-down with Magic Loop. This is one of my favorite sock patterns because it's easy to memorize and has awesome texture.

Untitled


It has been several months since I've even worked on socks, so it felt very good to be back knitting them. I think the magic is in the tiny needles, the thin and beautiful yarn, and because the whole project fits in your lap.

My goal this year is to knit thirteen pairs of socks, and this is pair 1/13! At one point this past year I thought, I have too many socks. But, I've worn almost every pair (of hand knit) because it's been so cold! As I type, they are having a nice soak in Eucalan wash.

I have two pairs on the needles now:

The first pair is nearly finished actually, I just have the leg and cuff left:

Untitled
This pattern is Vanilla Latte Socks by Virginia Rose-Jeanes, in Lynai's Across the Universe.

And the second pair is just a stockinette sock to have for mindless moments:

Untitled

Actually, I cast on these plains socks to balance out the Hearts and Flowers socks I originally had planned for the Across the Universe yarn. It was, unfortunately, a poor yarn/pattern combo. Hearts and Flowers by Wendy Johnson is a beautiful pattern and I hope to knit it with a better suited yarn choice soon.

Enjoy your weekend, friends!