Saturday, October 6, 2012

Big decisions

Some of you might know, I've told a few, that I am going back to school for my English teaching degree! It's something I thought about while in school, and then after I graduated, and then now, while I'm just working. I am just not content with my job, even though it leaves me plenty of time to read and knit, which I've thoroughly enjoyed and will miss. My parents and friends and boyfriend have been supportive, which has been beyond super.

I can start taking classes this January and then hopefully be accepted into the College of Education. In the meantime, I will be filling out my application and trying to volunteer to work with youth. That is one of the factors in being admitted, your experience working with kids. And since I don't have much experience I'm eager to find some.

Well, I guess it's pretty much official, now that I've blogged about it ;)

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!


6 comments:

  1. Good luck in pursuing your degree. I went back to school to get a teaching degree as an adult and have been teaching for 6 years. Best decision I ever made. Nothing beats arriving at work to a sea of 800 smiling faces. You'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christina, thank you for your comment! I think it's a good fit for me :) what do you teach?

      Jesse

      Delete
  2. Good for you Jesse. It is such a wonderful thing to follow you passion and bonus to have people you love supporting you. I wish you nothing but happiness in your pursuit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Andi! :) Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  3. Good luck! Definitely make sure to get as much experience working with the kids as you can. Also try to build relationships with local administrators (or admins in the area you want to teach). It's amazing how important a factor that's become in finding a teaching job. Still one of the most rewarding jobs out there though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tips, I really appreciate them! And I think I found a great volunteer job working with kids AND art! It sounds very fun and will be interesting :)

      Jesse

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥