Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Small Review: Oxo Stainless Steel Can Opener

It seems that everyone has a a certain appliance that craps out on them, time and time again. For my parents, it's toasters (seriously, growing up we went through toasters like hotcakes). But for me, it's can openers.

I buy one and it works great for the first few uses. Then the wheel crank starts getting stuck or won't turn at all. It's not like I use one everyday, so it's hard to justify shelling out a lot for one. There are some things that are actually worth spending more money on (you get what you pay for) but some things are stinky no matter how much dough they cost. I'm not sure which category can openers fall into.

This is the (amazing) Oxo Stainless Steel Can Opener:

via Product Scoop

We have only used it once, but it was magic. No squeaking, no getting stuck, no hand cramps, and none of that label-cutting spirals that crappy openers are famous for leaving behind. It was cutting butter with a bread knife - simple. Easy. Fast.

You know the really cool thing about this can opener? The arms swing out to 180 degrees so it can fit long-ways in a narrow drawer. Pretty nifty. It's stainless steel so it won't rust and it has a built-in bottle opener (what doesn't these days?)...which aren't exactly the selling points for me but are nice additions.

I look forward to a long relationship with my new can opener =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥