Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pink Scarf






I started this scarf around the end of March while on vacation. Since I wasn't driving, it was a great way to pass the time! I usually single crochet or double crochet for the entire scarf, so I decided to add some more texture. To be honest, I don't know many different stitches and don't like following patterns. So for this one, I kind of winged it and decided how it should look as I went along...which worked well for me =)

I'm not quite finished with it as I ran out of yarn, but this is how it will look more or less.



And here's a close-up of the stitches:


I single crocheted three rows, then in every third stitch, I made three double crochets to make the little bubbles. I repeated this series of single crochet rows with the double crochet bubbles four times to make this scarf about four and a half inches in width and four feet long.

I would like to try this scarf again but alternate rows with different colors of yarn, which I think would make for a fun scarf!



For my next scarf project, I found it on wikihow.com here and it's my first try at a Granny Rectangle!! (square...) I really like browsing wikihow.com because there are so many different entries, especially on things that I've never really thought about making. I just realized today that there are probably a lot of crochet and knitting ideas on there and I was right =) I'm really excited about this Granny Rectangle scarf because it's really easy but looks so pretty.


Well, happy crocheting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥