Thursday, May 13, 2010

Black and White Granny Rectangle Scarf


I started this scarf yesterday after finding the pattern on wikihow.com (see previous post). This was my first time ever crocheting a Granny Square so I had a little trouble at times. For example, I didn't realize the first row of stitches would actually be the center! So my scarf might end up being a little longer than I imagined but this has been a great learning experience =)

My camera is really old so it's difficult for the close-ups to turn out well. The problem I found now with the scarf is that it's so dense in the middle and loses some of the bulkiness along the edges, so it kind of flaps and doesn't hold the shape. But I'm in the process of single crocheting around the edges so hopefully that will add stability.



The yarn I used was Caron Simply Soft in 7 oz. skein, Medium 4, and 100% Acrylic in black and an ivory sort of color.

I love the Granny Rectangle scarf because once I got the hang of it, it's super easy! I can't wait to experiment with crazy colors and heavier yarn.

I also found a great pattern on PBS's Create last night. It's a treble stitch with a post stitch using three different colors. I tried finding a picture of it but failed. Anyway, I think I can remember the gist of it so that's my next project. I haven't tried a post stitch so this should be very interesting =)

1 comment:

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥