Saturday, February 22, 2014

skiing the snowglobe

I have quite a few projects to share but they will have to wait until next time. I came down with the crud at the beginning of the week and haven't been up for taking photos. Even worse, my coworker is also very sick so I had to cover her shifts this week.... thankfully I had Friday off and spent the whole day resting. I have been knitting and reading a lot - I finished City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. It is excellently written and I highly recommend it :) I started the second book last night and am already halfway through!

The weekend before I became sick, Scott and I had a few days off together and we went cross country skiing! I have only skied once before, and that was on a high school field trip, but I loved it!! I am so happy we finally went... it was gorgeous at the pass. We love snow and it was renewing to be around so much of it.

We went cross country skiing today at Lolo Pass!! It was beautiful and I only fell a little


Lolo Pass is only about fifty miles from us and it's a place Scott grew up around.


Cross country

Untitled

I only fell a few times, which I am very proud of :) the first day we went, it was sunny. The second day we went, it snowed the entire time!!!

it was so peaceful.

Day two


Day two



Day two


Untitled


During all that car time, I made good progress on a pair of socks :) here is an Instagram photo of them finished:


5/13 pairs and Berny  #operationsockdrawer

sort of :) Berny wanted to enhance the photo xx

hope you are all well, don't catch my cold!

4 comments:

  1. postcard perfect pictures! did you stay in the little cabin? in my teenage years, i loved to ski~ we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on the slopes & had the best time! i hope you're feeling better my friend~

    ~hugs~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Katie! I thought I would take more photos, but I hadn't thought about how hard and time consuming it would be to stop and take the (phone) camera out of my backpack! I am glad I took these ones :) We didn't stay in a cabin, we drove back home each day. We considered driving east and staying in a cabin and skiing! Maybe next time. Do you still ski?

      I am feeling so much better!! xx
      Hope you have a great week

      Delete
  2. I hope you get better soon. I'm under the weather too and have been resting. Great pics of your cross country skiing. That looks fun and one heck of a workout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blargh the cold is going around! I hope you and your little ones are all feeling better soon as well.

      Oh my gosh, it was such a workout. I read that you can burn about 600 calories! It was so fun, and I hope someday we'll have our own skis instead of renting so we can go anytime :)

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥