Friday, July 26, 2013

two FO posts in one day? I'm on fire!

I finished my aunt's Hitchhiker a little while ago, but just got around to taking photos (I remembered right before I sealed it in the envelope!).


Aunt Karla's Hitchhiker


The History: (if you're interested!) A few months ago she asked me to knit her a shawl but for me to choose the color. Originally I had Great Divide Shawl in mind but once I cast on, I decided the colors and pattern weren't for her (they are becoming Pendulum instead!). Then at the closing sale of one of Missoula's yarn shops, I found this gray MadTosh and knew it was the right one. To knit her a Hitchhiker with this yarn was a no brainer  :)


Aunt Karla's Hitchhiker


Aunt Karla's Hitchhiker


It's pretty official that I adore Madeline Tosh.


Aunt Karla's Hitchhiker



Aunt Karla's Hitchhiker

Happy weekend!!


(this one does not count towards Andi's Get it Done KAL because I finished it before the KAL started!)

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Makes me want to cast on another, right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andi!! It is such a soothing knit...I am fighting an urge to cast on another too!

      Delete
  2. Dreamy, I gotta cast on for one of those. And Mad Tosh makes me so happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the perfect combination of pattern and yarn!! and yes, you must cast on a Hitchhiker!!

      Delete
  3. that is so pretty, your aunt is very lucky. i finally knit that pattern recently too, it was fun (forgot to post it on raverly, must amend that) i'm here from andi's kal group, it's nice to meet you jesse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nice to meet you too, Lori Ann!! Good luck with your WIPs!

      Delete
  4. That scarf is gorgeous!
    I'm here from Andi's KAL. It's lovely to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty shawl! The color and drape are just perfect. I'm joining Andi's KAL/CAL too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! Let's finish lots of projects :) and thank you!

      Delete
  6. that is absolutely gorgeous!!!
    I have yarn envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!!! it may be my favorite yarn now .. :)

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥