Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a happy holiday season! Time is really escaping me and once again, I have many things to share with you.

All of the Christmas knits were well appreciated, which made me feel very good. The only knit that needs reworking are dad's socks, which are too short :/ easy fix, I just don't want to look at them anymore!

My last two finished objects of 2012 were:

1. Intersections Break by Mel Ski:

Intersections Break hat by melski

It's a fast and fun knit. I used stashed bulky yarn; the pattern calls for worsted weight held single or doubled. I might tink back and knit it a bit longer; as it is, unblocked, it doesn't quite cover my ears completely.



















2. Hitchhiker by Martina Behm:

Hitchhiker is finished! 36 teeth :) this is such a special knit because I was gifted the pattern from a dear friend, and the yarn was from Scott! Surrounded by love!

I looooove this pattern so much. It was a relief to knit something that wasn't on a time frame. The pattern is simple yet engaging, and it was perfect to knit while finishing The Night Circus (which I loved).

I received this yarn from Scott, for Christmas. It's Knit Picks Imagination in Mermaid Lagoon. I still have one skein left...

And I received the pattern from wonderful Andi. I know I will be knitting this scarf over and over, it has become my favorite.



 

A few projects I'm working on:

The Zombie Vixen mitts is a knit-a-long I've helped start on Instagram. There is also a Ravelry group with a thread dedicated to the KAL if you aren't on IG but would still like to participate!

Woo hoo!!!  #zombievixenkal2013 #ravelry
tag with #zombievixenkal2013 :)

It is a fun pattern knit with fingering weight yarn! I've decided to try knitting them two at a time :) This is my first time using Koigu KPPPM yarn and I am so in love. It is one of the nicest yarns I've used and was definitely a splurge.

Koigu sock yarn for Zombie Vixen mitts

The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery gals have done it again; they've designed a new cross stitch sampler that starts TODAY! It is called the Woodland Sampler. 

Woodland sampler! Cherry Garcia! The Lumineers! #woodlandsampler
I've been stitching the frames and am waiting for the January's design to come out :)

and there is one more KAL I want to join, I'm just deciding on yarn. It is 22.5 Degrees by Martina Behm. I am obsessed with her designs! Garter stitch is just so smooshy. There is a Ravelry thread for the KAL too :)

I will be back soon with a few Christmas photos.
Happy 2013 friends :)

6 comments:

  1. The edging on 22.5 degrees is so cute! I might have to dig through my stash and see if I have something that would work for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I love the scalloped edging!! In the Rav thread for the KAL, someone posted a how-to video...did you watch it? Having never knit a scalloped edge before, it's WILD!! I finally wound my yarn up for it so maybe I will cast on today :)

      Delete
  2. Look at all the fun going on with this post! I have started a Hitchhiker as well, I agree it is a fun knit.
    I knew I liked you for a number of reasons, after seeing your Cherry Garcia, I really know why. That is my ultimate fav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your Hitchhiker, Andi! What do you do with your finished shawls? Do you keep them or give them away? I want to knit so many different shawls, and I fall in love with each of them...

      Haha!! I think I must have gotten the idea from you originally then!! (first time trying Ben&Jerry's --I know!!-- and Cherry Garcia felt like the one!)

      Delete
  3. Oh you are too cute! Your Hitchhiker is fabulous on you. So you're a Walking Dead fan too, yeah? My hub's been watching that of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you Kepanie! I am NOT a zombie fan of any kind!! Hahaha they scare me too much :) I just love the pattern!

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥