Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WIP Wednesday

I have a few gifts in progress to show you.

The first is a pair of socks for my dad. The pattern is Simple Skyp by Adrinne Ku, and the yarn is Knit Picks Stroll sport in Midnight Heather. It is a little more blue in person; it's pretty black in the photo. I am loving this pattern!

P1030353


The second gift WIP are these mitts for my cousin:

P1030386


Isn't it pretty? I am in love with this mitt. The pattern is Cafe au Lait by Paula McKeever, in Ella Rae DK. I haven't cast on the second one yet, but the first only took a few days.

I am feeling a little overwhelmed by Christmas knitting, especially since I started cross stitching and that's taking half my free time :) I went idea shopping today though, and I am starting to feel a little better about the situation. I can't share what I bought today because it might be for someone who reads my blog! ;)

6 comments:

  1. hi jesse!

    i went to ravelry & put the sock pattern in my library~ i love the patterns & yarn you chose for both! i too am feeling a bit overwhelmed with projects~ i'm thinking there may some gift giving in january & feb

    have a great week!

    xo

    katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie!

      Thank you! I can't wait to see your socks :) The pattern is very simple and fun, a good pattern to work while reading or watching tv :)

      I hope your holiday knitting is stress-free! Knitting should never be stressful, right?

      Almost the weekend, enjoy yours Katie!

      Delete
  2. Great projects. I esp love the mitts. It's wonderful how you're knitting your dad some socks. Anyone who knits is black deserves kudos for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kepanie! He asked for blue socks, and the yarn looked blue on the screen when I ordered it...but it is definitely closer to black! So they only get knit on during the daytime :)

      Delete
  3. The Cafe au Lait mitt looks great! I may need to make a pair myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jody! They are such a nice fitting mitt too.

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥