It was a good weekend for my Kawaii Winter Wonderland sampler, I completed three squares! (I finished Day 9 after I took this photo). Day 9, incidentally, might be my favorite so far! But the penguin is super cute too! Basically whichever square I finish most recently is my favorite :)
It is a bad weekend, however, because I am sick. It started Saturday night; I was achy and cold and tender and my throat was sooo sore. The worst I felt was definitely last night. Today has been better, but I still feel lethargic and cold at times. And now Scott has the chills.
We've been watching a fair amount of films lately: Brave, Midnight in Paris, and Total Recall, and I'd recommend all!
- Brave is obviously cute and a well animated Pixar movie, and an instant favorite for me.
- Midnight in Paris is very interesting, starring Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams, about a couple who visits Paris. Owen Wilson's character is an actor who is an aspiring writer, and is transported back into time to meet his literary heroes, Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, as well as artists Pablo Picasso and Salvador Dali. The conflict happens when he falls in love with a gal (from the 1920s) and realizes he doesn't love his fiance, although, from the start McAdams and Wilson don't really have chemistry....
- Total Recall is a good sci-fi thriller. It runs in the same vein of Inception and The Matrix, what is reality? but takes its own approach. (it appears this is a remake of a 1990 film also called Total Recall starring Arnold Schwarzenegger).
How about some crafty love?
- Noodlehead's tiny tree ornaments made from fabric scraps are so cute
- I love Andi's hexagon afghan, it is stunning
- This stripey, slouchy hat of Kepanie's is just perfect
- Check out Ellen's fabulous DIY yarn bag for controlling multiple strands
Are you watching Baltimore play Pittsburgh? Do you see Pittsburgh's throwback jerseys?! Call me crazy, but I like them. I'm in the mood for a large bowl of ice cream...what do they say about dairy and colds? Is it bad to mix them?
Looking forward to a short work week, spending time with family, and eating a LOT of good food.
Happy Thanksgiving, friends :)