Sunday, September 30, 2012

Saturday Sew Day

Oh yes, I spent almost all of Saturday (and today, ahem...) sewing.

I have only recently heard about mug rugs but I am completely obsessed with them! They are like little quilts for your beverages or snacks:


Mugrug


This one I sort of made up as I went, and it turned out a little large. I really want to make this one too! This was a good, little project to help me practice and work on my sewing skills. By the third mug rug, I was getting pretty good ;) I also really liked the mock binding (I found the technique in a great quilting basics book called The Quilting Bible) and might use it for my quilt when the time comes.


I also sewed two WIP bags:

Untitled


I used this fantastic tutorial for both of them, though I modified the pattern for a drawstring top.

Untitled


I love these fabrics together!

Untitled



I channeled my inner Zakka for the patchwork one with inspiration from this book:


Untitled


Untitled


The patchwork was really fun to make! Not too time consuming and I was able to use a lot of little scraps that I've been holding on to (hoarder).

One last thing:
Untitled
blue skies for the first day in over a month! It has been incredibly smokey due to forest fires since before we left for the coast. It feels wonderful to have the mountains back. Happy Sunday, friends.

2 comments:

  1. hi jesse~ i loved your project bags so i took your advice and made myself one...this is the tutorial i used
    http://www.incolororder.com/2011/10/lined-drawstring-bag-tutorial.html

    your mug rugs are so sweet~ i'm so glad you posted the link to sew mama sew! i had their site saved then had computer problems and lost it! i too plan on making some mug rugs~

    wishing you a great week ahead~

    xo

    katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie!! Oh wow, thank you for the bag link! This was exactly what I was looking for when I sewed mine this weekend, haha :) I'm going to have to use this tutorial too, I think, to make some more.

      and thank you :) I love sew mama sew! Many great tutorials for everything! Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥