Monday, February 20, 2012

I thought having a cell phone with internet capabilities would mean I could blog more often... the problem is I can't figure out how to format the text and the pictures to my liking. As it is, whenever I add photos to my (phone) entry, they always appear at the end of the text. And no matter what I do, I can never put text below the photo. This is alright if I only have a photo and a quick sentence to share. But sometimes I just have more to share.

This past week, Loopy Knit and Crochet had an awesome sale, which I only made to once (sad, I know). But truthfully, I get way too overwhelmed in nice yarn stores to think straight. I end up walking circles around the store, touching every yarn at least three times, and buy stitch markers. But this time I knew I wanted some no rinse wash and DK weight yarn for two different pairs of fingerless mittens.

This is what I came home with:

New. DK yarn that will become fingerless mitts and Eucalan wash! Sale :)

I am not completely positive that these aren't actually sport and worsted weight yarns, because when I looked them up in Ravelry's yarn database, they were not listed as DK. But on Loopy's tag they are listed as that! So I am unsure. The blue hank, which is Blue Sky Alpaca's Melange, is so incredibly soft! Last night I cast on the Cafe au Lait Mitts with it, but this morning I changed my mind. I frogged what little start I had made, and printed the pattern for Later, Gator! I'd much rather feel the alpaca against my face!

Yesterday I also used the Eucalan no rinse soak. It has Eucalyptus oil in it and smells divine!

First time using a no rinse wash to clean my knitted socks. I decided to wash a few hats as well! The wash is Eucalan with eucalyptus oil, and smells divine. #knitting

I soaked mine and Scott's socks, his Howler Monkey hat, and a Fair Isle hat that I've never worn. I used one teaspoon for one gallon of tepid water. I'm not really sure if it's better to have more room between clothing or if it's alright to jam pack it. After they had soaked for fifteen minutes, I squeezed the water out by hand, and then by rolling each piece in a towel. I was a little disappointed that I could still smell the Patons wool even after the soak. If you have ever gotten Patons Classic Wool wet, you know what I'm talking about. Hopefully with a couple more washes, that smell will go away.

Happy Monday!