Friday, December 30, 2011

FO no. 50: Dad's hat



2011 Knit Challenge: 50 knit, 10 to go!!

This is the hat I knit for dad, for Christmas. Except we decided earflaps would be perfect, so I am in the process of adding those.



Used a Fair Isle motif from Melissa Leapman's Mastering Color Knitting, but other than that, the pattern is my own :)

I used Patons Classic Wool, in a dark gray and aran on US 8. Deciding how many stitches to cast on was tricky and a little frustrating because I needed a certain repeat for the Fair Isle motif. I solved my problem by casting on 116 stitches and then increased my stitches at the body (this is horrible, but I can't remember how many stitches!!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥