Friday, December 23, 2011

FO no. 46: Dean Street Dos

2011 Knit Challenge: 46 Knit, 14 to go!

Dean Street hat



This was the first Dean Street hat I knit. Originally it was for Nate, but I felt it was a little small even for me. It sort of inches upwards when you are wearing it. Which drives me batty.



Dean Street hat
Looooove the texture!

The Ravelry pattern link is here and is designed by Nina Machlin Dayton.
I used Patons Classic Wool in Aqua, I think. This color is a staple in my stash and I don't even know its name.
I believe I cast on 108 on US 7, and never changed sizes.

I definitely love this pattern and recommend it for a quick knit. The right front cable cross is not at all difficult. I do suggest using POINTY needles! This hat I knit with Hiya Hiya bamboos, and they are fairly blunt. It was a challenge to not split the yarn when doing the RFCC. Very frustrating. But when I knit the hat for Nate, I used Knitpicks Harmonys and what a joy!!! It went soo much quicker and I didn't have to constantly double check that I split the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there! Thank you so much for your time ♥ I always respond to your comments directly on this page, so if you would like notification of this, please click Notify Me xx

♥ Thank you! ♥