Saturday, May 31, 2014

Mischief managed

spring spring S P R I I I I I I I I N G ! ! !

P1050438

I think spring might be my favorite season after all. I love the cool air during the early morning and late evenings, it isn't too cold, just refreshing. And I love the fact that I can wear Bermuda shorts during the day but can still slip on a sweater to stay comfortable. The trees are all kapow with new leaves, and there are dots of color in front of everyone's home; tulips, irises, poppies.


Mrs. Weasley's

I've cast on a new blanket and started the annual Harry Potter read. That is how Mrs. Weasley's blanket came to be.

Mrs. Weasley's

Pattern: based on Hue Shift Afghan by Kerin Dimeler-Laurence
Needles: US 3 or 3.25 mm 
Yarn: only sock yarn scraps
You might remember I've already started one Hue Shift afghan...and haven't finished it. But I have been itching to cast on a sock yarn blanket for awhile, and finally decided to! I love this pattern because you pick up stitches as you go to form the next square, so no sewing blocks together!!! I'm altering this one to have four quadrants of 36 squares, I think that will be plenty large enough. 

Mrs. Weasley's

It's ridiculous how fast this is going. I started both the blanket and the first HP on May 24, and I've knit a block of 6x5 squares and am on the third book already. I cannot put either down.


Mrs. Weasley's

Doesn't it look like something Mrs. Weasley would knit?

Mrs. Weasley's
my tub of sock scraps

That's it from me, I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!! You know what I'll be doing xx